Owners are referred to as Forget-Me-Not Lodge (FMNL) throughout this document.
Hirer is the person making the booking
By paying a deposit or paying in full you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and accept all liability for you and your guests actions, this means you will accept all responsibility for the property and the payment of any rental fees or damages. The contract of hire and agreement to these terms and conditions is not effective until the booking is confirmed by email from Forget-Me-Not Lodge to the hirer of the property. FMNL does not accept bookings from Hirers under the age of 18. The hirer may not transfer the contract of hire and agreement to these terms and conditions without prior agreement from FMNL.
The Hirer or their guests can stay in the property during the agreed dates of their booking. They do not have the right to remain in the property after the period of hire and are not entitled to any statutory security of tenure.
How to Book
FMNL will accept bookings via our Website www.forgetmenotlodge.com or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refundable Security Bond Payment
A refundable security bond of £100 is required and to be paid upon initial booking. This will be returned once the property has been checked for breakages or damages including the hot tub and external area (within 5 working days). We expect you to leave the property in a fit state and ensure all rubbish has been removed, dishes have been washed and is clean and tidy. If the cost of any damages is higher than the paid £100 then you will be informed of these charges and payment will be expected to be paid within 7 days from the Hirer. A minimum charge of £40 will be incurred per bath robe if are found to be damaged and cannot be reused or are removed from the property.
Arrival is 3pm or later. Departure is before 10am.
Payments can be made by bank transfer (details will be sent to you in your booking confirmation email). The full balance, must be paid no later than 8 weeks prior to your holiday start date. Should you wish to make a change to your booking no less than 6 weeks prior to your booking we will consider your alternative dates and subject to availability try to accommodate this. This will incur a £50 handling charge. Should you wish to cancel your holiday no later than 8 weeks before your booking we will consider trying to re-let the property. If we are able to do this then we will refund 50% of your payment only if you have paid the full balance. If the property is not re-let then no refund will be payable. If you wish to cancel less than 8 weeks prior to your booked holiday date then we are not obliged to refund any of your paid balance. The Hirer is strongly advised to arrange holiday insurance that includes cover for cancellation and the personal property of the hirer and their guests.
What is included?
Bed Linen will be changed prior to your arrival. Towels will be provided, however, we suggest you bring additional towels if you plan on using the hot tub. Available for rent at an extra charge, we can provide the use of Bath robes for the hot tub, which must be left in the property on departure. Electricity/Gas and Water are all included in the price of your holiday.
Sometimes not all equipment and facilities advertised may be available at all times due to breakdown, malfunction, or other reasons. FMNL will try to rectify any issues as soon as possible but no refund will be made to the hirer.
Taking Care of the Property
The Hirer shall take full responsibility for the care of the property and all of its contents, fixtures and fittings, they must only be used for their intended purpose.
The Hirer must leave the property in the same state as they found it in. This means the property must be left clean and tidy, all equipment, i.e. utensils crockery must be clean and put away. Should the property be found to require extra cleaning then these additional costs will be charged to the security deposit.
All furniture should not be moved around inside or taken outside the lodge. Especially be aware of the sun shining into the property in the warmer months, especially in the kitchen area, which could result in damage to the flooring if curtains/blinds not used.
No candles or any ignition sources are to be used in the property. You must not bring portable heaters, lighting equipment or any items that may cause danger to the property. Any bulky items e.g. bicycles, fishing/golf equipment must not be taken into the property.
BBQ’s are not permitted beside or near the property. There is a BBQ facility near reception should you wish to use it.
All cushions for the outdoor furniture must be put away in the plastic storage after each use, which is situated at the back of the decking area of the property. Any damage caused by leaving cushions outside will incur a charge to the visitors.
Rubbish – The hirer must remove all waste from the property and take it to the allocated bin/recycling area next to reception. If you leave waste in the property a removal charge of £20 will be made from the security deposit.
Forget Me Lodge is a NO SMOKING property. Should it be found that smoking has occurred inside the property then the Hirer will be responsible to pay for a full deep clean of the property. Please also be mindful when smoking in the door ways for the smell of smoke drifting into the property. Any used cigarettes MUST NOT be left on the decking/side green area.
The Hirer is legally obliged to reimburse FMNL for any breakages, damages, missing items or excessive cleaning caused by the guests during the period of rental. Note. These charges may be in excess of the £100 security bond payment.
Children/Dogs must be supervised at all times. Particularly around the hot tub, see below further details for hot tub safety. Pets must not be left unattended in the property at ANY TIME during your stay. Pets are not permitted on furniture or beds. We ask you to manage any additional mess that is made having your pets stay in our property. Pet owners must clean up any mess in or around FMNL and follow the site rules to keep you dog on the lead throughout Felmoor Park at all times. Any damage incurred will be charged to the hirer. The maximum number of dogs we accept is 2 which is at the owners’ discretion upon booking, sometimes which can depend on the breed.
The hirer must not play any loud noise including musical instruments or music that can be heard outside of the property after 11pm and before 8am. We do have neighbours who live on the Park, so be mindful of noise which could disturb them. Any disturbances/noise from the hot tub and outdoor area will be reported by the park to FMNL.
The hirer must not have any dangerous/flammable substance in or around the property.
The hirer must no alter/interfere with the appearance, structure, interior/exterior of the property or the arrangement of the fixtures/furniture belonging to the owner.
At the end of your stay we ask that you turn off all lights/electrical appliances/boiler.
By making this booking you are agreeing to the hot tub disclaimer (attached). This document is very important and will ensure you have a safe enjoyable experience using the hot tub. To support the safe use of the hot tub we will arrange for your hot tub to be checked every morning during your stay. Please ensure the hot tub is accessible during this time. The hot tub manager will ensure they are discreet and not disturb your stay.
A minimum charge of £20 is made for the return of left property after your departure. If you chose to collect left property it will only be held for a maximum time of one month, thereafter it will be donated to charity. We are not held responsible for items reported lost that cannot be found. Property is at all times the responsibility of the hirer.
Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons occupy the property. 4 people unless authorised by FMNL. FMNL may refuse admittance or cancel the booking if additional persons occupy the lodge during the rental period. FMNL reserves the right to refuse or cancel any bookings from parties that may in either of their opinions and sole discretion be unsuitable for the property concerned or carry out any illegal activity. In the event of such cancellation FMNL will refund the cost of hire on a pro-rata basis less a service charge of £100 and less any damages. No other compensation will be payable to the hirer.
Only those persons notified to us can occupy the property. If you are expecting visitors, you must inform us so we can consider this request. If accepted it is the hirers responsibility for the behaviour of guests during their visit. Visitors will not be permitted to stay in the property overnight.
There is room for a car at the front of the property. Cars must not obstruct the road way. Cars and their contents are left entirely at your own risk. FMNL will not be responsible for any damage or loss to any vehicle. Under no circumstances must visitors park at the side land at each side of the property. Damage to the park land will be charged. Additional free parking is available at the Reception/Clubhouse. The same rules apply if you use this car park.
Felmoor Park – Speeding and Access Barrier
The maximum speed when on Felmoor Park is 15mph. The park owners have installed one access barrier which has registration recognition for ALL vehicles which require access further past the clubhouse/reception. Special Permission from Felmoor Park will be required prior to arrival if you are visiting any properties on this location of the park. FMNL is situated before the barriers so we do not need car registration recorded from guests. Any speeding on the park may result in Felmoor Park charging guests £75 per occurrence.
Right of Entry
We will not enter FMNL once you arrive without agreement. However, the owners of the property have the right of entry at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
FMNL cannot accept liability for any damage or loss or any nature suffered by any person(s) from any cause other than the proven negligence of FMNL owners. You must take all necessary actions to safeguard your personal property and no liability is held by FMNL.
FMNL cannot accept responsibility or pay compensation where the performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances including any even which amounts to force majeure. These circumstances include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. This could include but not limited to, destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday), through fire or flood, explosion, storm or weather damage, criminal break in, criminal damage, riots of civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our control.
Not all items, equipment or facilities advertised may be available at all times due to breakdown, malfunction, or other reasons. The management of FMNL will try to rectify any malfunctions as soon as possible but no refund of any or all of the money paid by the customer will be made.
FMNL will provide WI-FI during guests stay as long as not misused. WI-FI is complimentary for browsing and social media only. We only ask that streaming is kept to a minimum to avoid any excess charges. FMNL have the right to monitor data use and it can we withdrawn if not used in an appropriate way. The owners have the right to charge excess data use onto guests.
The instructions can be found in the welcome book.
We will ensure to keep your personal information confidential. We use your details to keep you updated with any future offers/information. We do not give any information to third parties or use your information in anyway other than as described. If required by law or legal process to disclose your personal information we will only do so in accordance with the law.
We will of course strive to ensure your stay is up to your satisfaction. Should there be a problem please do not hesitate to contact us so we can work with you to resolve this as soon as possible.
If there is any damage found when guests have departed and have not been reported to FMNL owners, this may incur no full return of the £100 secure deposit bond, depending on the issue. We will review the situation and will always be fair. We must maintain the high standard for the next guests who generally arrive the same day as departures. This has to be taken into consideration when damages have to be fixed quickly and possible use of third parties which could affect the cost to the guest(s) who have caused the issue.
Right to Change Contract
FMNL reserves the right to change/amend the terms and conditions at any time, we also reserve the right to terminate the agreement/booking without refund of money if the hirer and their guest’s behaviour is considered unacceptable, site rules are broken, if the number of occupants exceeds that as stated at the time of booking.
HOT TUB RULES (have fun & stay safe)
• On check in days our Hot Tub may have been completely refilled and will take a while to get back up to temperature 36-40 degrees. The best way to help this process is to keep the lid shut and be patient.
• Shower before entering the hot tub. If you see any suds, discolouration and foam in the water, 9 out of 10 times it’s the residue from fake tan and the lotions you use which may result in the hot tub having to be made out of use.
• To use the toilet in the lodge. Did you know that when a strong smell of chlorine is experienced it’s the ammonia reacting with the chlorine and it’s all down to someone having a sneaky wee!
• When it’s wet the decking is very slippery, please take care when entering and exiting the hot tub.
• Do not place your head underneath the water, it’s unsafe.
Use plastic glasses only and we advise you to act sensibly. Drinking alcohol can be dangerous and we don’t want any accidents.
• When not in use the hot tub lid should be placed down. This keeps the water at the correct temperature but also acts as a safety mechanism for those that have small children.
• If the water level is below the jet, you must contact the Owner, so we can refill. Please note that this can take up to an hour and then the water needs to reach the desired temperature, and this can take a few hours.
• No diving or bombing, not only is this very dangerous but it will reduce the amount of water which can render it out of action whilst it’s refilled.
• Don’t over use the hot tub, it’s recommended you should take a break every 15 minutes, so you can cool down. For children under the age of 16, a recommended break is around 7 minutes and they must be supervised at all times. No children under 4 are permitted to use the hot tub.
• Don’t forget we will check the hot tub daily, usually in the morning to minimise any interruptions to your holiday.
• Please do not leave any loose objects in the hot tub as this can cause a blockage in the filter in the bottom which can cause breakage and expensive repairs.
• Remove all jewellery to prevent any possible tarnishing due to the chemicals.
Sometimes the colour of the hot tub water may not be as clear in colour as it should be because if high iron levels in the park water system. Our hot tub maintenance managers will always explain the issues with guests where possible. The hot tub may have discoloured water but is chemically safe for guests to use. No refund will be provided.
Hot Tub Disclaimer
To ensure the safe and enjoyable use of the hot tub that is provided with your holiday accommodation, we ask that you read through and adhere to the rules of this safety document.
• During pregnancy soaking in the hot tub may cause damage to the foetus, so contact your Doctor for advice before starting your holiday with us, to ensure it is safe for you to use the hot tub.
• People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores, or wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading infection or irritating your condition.
• Never use the hot tub while using narcotics or other drugs that may cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise / lower your blood pressure.
• At 39/40 degrees, limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 20 minutes, as extending this time can affect your inner organs and cause fever like conditions. At 36-37 degrees this time can be extended as this is your normal core body temperature and there is no risk.
• Do not immerse your head in the hot tub water. This increases the risk of infection and can heighten the dangers of drowning due to suction below the water line.
• Never use the hot tub alone. Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg muscles may be relaxed enough to make you unsteady. When the decking area is wet it can become very slippy, please do take care when entering and exiting the hot tub. Please use the mat from within the property and place next to the hot tub to assist you in entering and exiting the hot tub.
• Never use glass near or in the hot tub, as broken glass can cause a risk to people in bare feet and is very difficult to see within the hot tub water. If you choose to drink near or in the hot tub, please be sensible and use the plastic cups provided.
• Do not use any electrical appliances near or in the hot tub.
• If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub, please contact the owner of your property at the earliest convenient moment. Contact details are provided within the welcome pack.
• Persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, or any serious illness should not enter the hot tub without prior consultation with their Doctor.
• Parents are advised that the hot tubs are not suitable for children under the age of four and to warn their children not to allow water in to their mouths as this can cause infection and illness.
• The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effects of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
• Shower with soap and water before and after using the hot tub. Showering before use washes away many of the common skin bacterial and removes lotions, deodorants, creams, etc. Failing to do so can cause the hot tub’s appearance to be murky and affects the balance of the sanitising chemical levels.
• Make sure fake tan is removed before using the hot tub as this reacts to the chemicals and reduces the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water. It also colours the water and marks the waterline of the hot tub.
• Never allow children to use the hot tub unsupervised and when not in use make sure the cover is on and secured.
• Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal.
• Avoid entering the hot tub water immediately after exercising as the water temperature can affect the heart rate.
• Take care on the decking / hot tub steps as water from the tub can cause it to be slippery.
• If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the shower. If the reaction persists, contact a local doctor or A&E.
• Do not turn hot tub isolation switch off at the electricity point of your accommodation as power is needed to be turned on to carry out the cleaning cycles. You will hear the hot tub start twice a day /night to run the cleaning cycles.
• The hot tub is maintained on a daily basis with an operator testing the balance of the water in the early morning and in the evening.
Notes to Hot tub users and Parents
It is your responsibility to enforce the rules of safety within the property’s hot tub.
When you booked your accommodation, you agreed to our terms and conditions, you were also asked to return our email outlining these hot tub safety requirements stating that you agree to abide by the rules and take care in the use of the hot tub for yourself and your family.
If you did not return the email then you will not be able to use the hot tub until you have signed a copy of this declaration, in line with our own health and safety standards and insurance requirements.
The life and health of you, your family and friends are important. Please practice safety and supervise your hot tub in line with these safety guidelines.
For Health and Safety reasons we must clean the hot tubs before each set of guests, therefore, when you arrive your Hot Tub may not be up to optimum temperature. You do not need to do anything as the hot tub will be switched on and set to the correct temperature. We are sorry if this causes any inconvenience, but it is important that your hot tub is properly prepared for your use. It should be ready to use in the evening if not before. To comply with HSE regulations, the hot tub water is checked daily as previously referred to. Please ensure the hot tub cover is clear and any pets are kept off the decking prior to this time to allow this testing to be carried out.
We hope you enjoy your stay with us and get the most from your hot tub while you are with us.
If you have not signed the disclaimer there are copies available at the back of the welcome pack for you to sign, the Owner will collect when carrying out Hot Tub maintenance on your arrival day.
I agree to the terms and conditions as stated above whist using the hot tub and understand it is my own liability to ensure that myself and my group staying at this property adhere to the safety requirements as stated herein.
Property Name: Forget-Me-Not Lodge